After more than 4 years, INDIGO project has come to an end.
INDIGO is an Horizon 2020 funded project under GA # 696098 that was born with the objective of developing a more efficient, intelligent and economical generation of District Cooling systems by improving system planning, control and management.
INDIGO's Consortium is formed by:
- Tekniker (Spain): It is the Project Coordinator of INDIGO. Tekniker is a Basque research centre that aims at the development and transfer of technology to its industrial customers to improve their competitiveness.
- Giroa-Veolia (Spain): It is the Pilot coordinator in INDIGO. GIROA is the specialist of energy and environment management services company of Veolia also dedicated to the maintenance, conservation and adaptation of buildings, installations and complexes of different nature, in order to improve their comfort, performance and security in a less expensive way.
- VTT (Finland): It has been in charge of one of the major results of the project: the District Cooling Planning Tool (open access software). VTT is a technical research centre focused on three areas: Knowledge intensive products and services, Smart industry and energy systems, and Solutions for natural resources and environment.
- CSEM (Switzerland): It has been in charge of developing the MPC of DC at building level. CSEM is a research and technological centre that works in technology, strategy and innovation consulting. It excels in technology transfer to small and large companies, focused on generating lasting value for a sustainable world. It also has a large experience and excellent track record in establishing successful start-ups.
- NUIG (Ireland): It has been in charge of developing the energy models of INDIGO's pilots. The National University of Ireland in Galway is represented by IRUSE group (Informatics Research Unit for Sustainable Engineering) of the College of Engineering and Informatics. This group consists of a unique multidisciplinary research team with interest and expertise in architecture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, energy systems and information technology.
- R2M (Italy): It is the Innovation Manager of INDIGO. With plenty of experience in European innovation projects, R2M Solution is an integrated and multi-disciplinary consulting company that aggressively targets filling the gap between research activities and market implementation.
INDIGO started in March 2016 and ended in September 2020. Read more information about the exploitation plans of the key exploitable results developed in the project in the last issue of the newsletter here.
More info at www.indigo-project.eu