In view of the international climate objectives, providing both affordable and energy efficient living space has become a challenging task for cities and communities. Solutions for solving this dilemma will be discussed at the 22nd International Passive House Conference which will take place on 9 and 10 March 2018 in Munich, Germany.
Reconciling efficiency and cost-effectiveness will be a focal topic at the Conference. Accordingly, the key theme of this conference, where over 1000 experts in the field of energy efficient construction will come together, is "Passive House – it’s worth it!", introducing many low-cost projects relating to energy efficient construction to the Passive House Standard.
The Conference topics include:
- Profitability: cost-effective projects and concepts
- Basis of decision-making for investors / valuation of Passive House buildings
- Renewable / sustainable energy supply / PER
- Ventilation and indoor air quality
- Building envelope: components / trades
- Qualification of designers and tradespersons
- Climate adaptation: summer comfort
- Passive House retrofits
- Commissioning / Facility Management / Monitoring
- Quality assurance: benefits of certification
- Building materials in focus: economics / ecology / embodied energy
- Fire and sound protection in Passive House buildings
- Tools / Digitisation / BIM
- Architecture / Aesthetics
- Passive House international
Call for Papers deadline: 12 September 2017
For further information, please visit the event's website at the link below.