The International Energy Agency’s fourth annual Global Conference on Energy Efficiency will take place in Dublin, Ireland, on Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 June.
The Irish Prime Minister, Mr Leo Varadkar, will open the invitation-only event, which will feature Ministers, CEOs and heads of international organisations.
Building on the success of previous events, we expect high-level participants from more than 50 countries. A particular focus of this year’s event will be the impact of digitalisation on energy efficiency, and lessons learned from leaders around the world. Additional themes will include financing, business and policy innovations and the multiple benefits of energy efficiency.
Energy efficiency is a key focus area for the IEA, and this annual conference draws a large international audience and brings together dignitaries and senior leaders to advance global progress on energy efficiency. The IEA also conducts a range of activities on energy efficiency including in-depth analysis, best practice sharing with governments across the globe and capacity building with policy makers in emerging economies. Please visit our Global Exchange for Energy Efficiency for more information.
The event will be structured as follows:
24 June, Monday, at Dublin Castle
This is the high-level day of the conference, and will feature keynotes and interventions from global dignitaries. Proceedings will be opened by the Irish Prime Minister, Mr Leo Varadkar.
Confirmed speakers include:
• H.E. Richard Bruton, Energy Minister, Ireland
• H.E. Claude Turmes, Energy Minister, Luxembourg
• Mr. Yannick Glemarec, Executive Director, Green Climate Fund
• Ms. Lisa Davis, CEO Gas and Power, Siemens AG
• Mr. Francesco Venturini, CEO, Enel X
• Mr. Dev Sanyal, CEO Alternative Energies, BP
• Mr. Pierre André de Chalendar, CEO, Saint-Gobain
• Mr. Andrew McDowell, Vice President, European Investment Bank
• Mr. Jules Kortenhorst, CEO, Rocky Mountain Institute
• Ms. Yukiko Araki, Executive General Manager, Hitachi
• Mr. Thorsten Herdan, Director General, Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy, Germany
• Mr. Jürgen Schneider, Director General, Climate, Federal Ministry for Sustainability & Tourism, Austria
• Mr. Anders Hoffman, Deputy Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Denmark
• Ms. Sandra Schoonhoven, Head of Global Sustainability, ING
• Mr. Ed Sibley, Deputy Governor, Irish Central Bank
• Dr. Fatih Birol, Executive Director, International Energy Agency
25 June, Tuesday, at the Mansion House
The second day of the conference will feature senior leaders and experts from across the globe, and will be dedicated to in-depth discussions on trending efficiency topics. Sessions will be structured around themes like business models and financing innovations, digital technologies and systems, behavioural trends and policy innovations.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Mr. Mike Hughes, President, UK & Ireland, Schneider Electric
• Mr. Jeff Hamel, Director Global Energy and Enterprise Partnerships, Google
• Mr. Sau Sheong Chang, CEO, SP Digital
• Ms. Neelima Jain, Regional Head, UK & Europe, Energy Efficiency Services Limited, India
• Ms. Lily Zhao, Vice Director, ESCO Committee of China Energy Conservation Association
• Ms. Noura Al-Saud, Partner AEON Strategy, Saudi Arabia
• Mr. Mel Ydreos, Director of Public Affairs, International Gas Union
• Mr. Arthur Lam, Vice Chairman, Synergy Group
• Mr. Nikola Sucevic, Chief Data Scientist, PT Smartfren Telecom