The event will be held at the Titanic Belfast on Wednesday 22nd January 2020 to celebrate the results of the BIMcert project and the creation of our new online BIM training platform.
The BIM training platform was developed with feedback from the local and international construction sector, this new BIMcert training platform will enable site workers, and learners from a range of levels, to upskill in a variety of BIM specialisms. The e-learning platform will feature ‘bite-sized’ learning modules, to enable learners to upskill at their own pace and in their own time.
BIM is a modern digital technology supporting the sustainability targets of the construction sector, and with increased efficiencies being proven throughout all areas of the construction lifecycle, companies are increasingly valuing the benefits of BIM training and investment.
Register for our free to attend conference to find out more about BIMcert, and to hear from a range of experts in digital construction.
Please see below the agenda / Draft Programme
08:30 - 09:00 Registration and Coffee
09:00 - 09:10 Opening and welcome:
Paul McCormack, BIMcert Programme Manager, Belfast Met
09:10 - 09:25 Belfast Met delivering the skills set powering the 4I revolution
Marie-Thérèse McGivern, Chief Executive, Belfast Metropolitan College
09:25 - 09:40 Why construction is embracing BIM
Martin Lennon, Managing Director, O’Hare and McGovern LTD - TBC
09:40 - 09:55 The Importance of the Energy Performance Buildings Directive
09:55 - 10:10 EU drive for Building Energy Performance
10:10 - 10:25 International Perspective - The importance of BIM in Macedonia
Vlatko Ivanov, CEO Civil Engineering Institute, Macedonia
10:25 - 10:40 BIM and the energy performance of buildings until 2030
Dr James Harty, Copenhagen School of Design and Technology
11:00 - 11:45 Break Out Session 1: Developing the skills for innovation in construction
- Session 1.1: Developing a world class digital Construction Sector
- Session 1.2: Digital Innovations Transforming the Construction Sector
11:45 - 12:30 Break Out Session 2: Digital Construction Opportunities
- Session 2.1: Efficient systems of managing - Session Construction Project
- Session 2.2: Digital Competencies in the future of construction
12:30 - 13:15 Break Out Session 3: Managing Energy
- Session 3.1: Energy efficiency in the building sector, the impact of making changes - Ms Maja-Marija Nahod, Deputy Minister for Construction and Energy Efficiency, Croatia
- Session 3.2: How BIM can aid the energy efficiency process for European construction supply chain
13:15 - 14:15 Lunch
14:15 - 15:15 BIMalliance – the BIM Centre of Excellence
- Chair - Avril Behan Dublin Institute of Technology
- BIMcert – Dijana Likar, IEGE
- Net-UBIEP - Anna Moreno ENEA DUEE-SIST-CENTRO Membro Consiglio Tecnico Scientifico ENEA
- BIMeet – Sunil Suwal Lecturer Real Estate and Building Services Metropolia University of Applied Sciences FINLAND
/Tarja Makelainen VTT TECHNICAL RESEARCH CENTRE OF FINLAND
- BIMplement – Jan Cromwijk ISSO Rotterdam
/Elisabeth O’Brien Renewable Energy and Sustainable Building Research and Development Limerick Institute of Technology,
- Gervase Cunningham Ulster University
15:30 – 16:30 Panel discussion - What’s next for BIM in Construction?
Chair – William Hynes Future Analytics Consulting
16:30 - 17:00 Closing