BUILD UPON Leaders’ Summit
20 February 2017
@ Les Ateliers des Tanneurs, 58-62 Rue des Tanneurs, Brussels, Belgium
BUILD UPON is the world’s largest collaborative project on building renovation – bringing together over 1,800 organisations, across 13 countries, at over 80 events in 2016-17. www.buildupon.eu
It aims to create a renovation revolution across Europe by helping countries to deliver strategies for renovating their existing buildings, by the 30 April 2017 EU deadline.
These strategies are critical to cutting Europe’s energy use, reducing the impacts of climate change, and creating buildings that deliver a high quality of life for everyone.
We welcome those who have been at the centre of this project to our final event in Brussels; a follow-up to our 2016 Madrid Leaders’ Summit. We will look at what has been achieved as part of the v2.0 renovation strategies, and explore how we can move forward together.
Agenda – 20th February
14:00-14:30 Registration @ Les Ateliers des Tanneurs
14:30-15:30 BUILD UPON Project Conclusions and v2.0 Renovation Strategies
- “Project Conclusions: Co-Creating Renovation Strategies with +1,000 Organisations” - Emilio Miguel Mitre, BUILD UPON Coordinator, GBC España
- “Ireland’s Renovation Strategy and Participatory Process” - Ken Cleary, Assistant Principal Officer, Energy Efficiency Unit at the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment, Ireland
- “Croatia’s Renovation Strategy and BUILD UPON’s Support” – Karmen Domitrović Matasić, Expert Advisor, Ministry of Construction and Physical Planning, Croatia
- “The Participatory Development Process of Luxembourg’s Renovation Strategy and its Implementation” – Fenn Faber, Strategy Director My Energy G.I.E.
15:30-16:00 A Common Vision & Impact Framework for V3.0 Renovation Strategies
- “Paradigm Shifts, Not Incremental Change: A Vision and Framework for Future Renovation Strategies” - James Drinkwater, European Regional Director, World Green Building Council
- “Putting Citizens & Communities First: A Perspective on Building Users” – Per Forsling, Stockholmshem
16:00-16:30 Coffee & Networking Break
16:30-18:30 Workshop: Working Towards a Common Vision
Parallel groups will explore practical recommendations and next steps for each part of BUILD UPON’s draft Common Vision (see below), to begin work on these areas in 2017:
- Group A: Bottom Up Engagement - Putting Citizens & Communities First
- Group B: Governance Models for Cross-Sector Implementation Platforms
- Group C: Setting Out Roadmaps to 2050 – Establishing a Collective Impact Framework
18:30-20:30 Networking Drinks & Canapés