CALL FOR ABSTRACTS TO BEYOND 2020, WORLD SUSTAINABLE BUILT ENVIRONMENT CONFERENCE, IN GOTHENBURG SWEDEN
SUMISSION DEADLINE: 14TH AUGUST 2019
On 9th – 11th June 2020, Gothenburg will host the next edition of the World Sustainable Built Environment conference (WSBE 2020), called BEYOND 2020. The conference is organised by Chalmers University of Technology and RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, with the support of Johanneberg Science Park and Gothenburg City.
The mission of the conference is to link the global building sector to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and to define its role towards the achievement of 2030 objectives. Central to our discussions will be achieving UN Sustainable Development Goal 11, Sustainable Cities and Communities. BEYOND 2020 is considered to be one of the world’s most prestigious conferences and forums in the field of sustainable built environment. We expect to welcome about 2000 delegates from all over the world in the academia, industry, finance and policy sector.
The conference Scientific Committee is curently looking for abstract submissions addressing one of the following 20 topics:
- Social inclusion for liveable societies
- Energy systems for the future
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation in the built environment
- Urban metabolism and circularity
- Health, comfort and well-being for a better life
- Housing for all
- Resilient transport systems and mobility solutions
- Architectural morphology
- Technology and material innovations
- Promoting green and blue structures for sustainable living environments
- Transformation and conservation
- Sustainable management of terrestrial and inland ecosystems
- Urban planning and design
- Urban transition - from the current state to a future state
- Design for hope
- New governance approaches for a sustainable built environment
- Life-long learning for all
- Sustainable businesses and economic models
- Digitalization for responsive cities
- Management and leadership
Abstracts (max 300 words + 150 characters-title) can be submitted until 14th August 2019.The call for papers will be open in October 2019, after the notification for abstracts.
Abstracts (and then papers) will be double-blind reviewed. Accepted papers will be published by IOP proceedings on the Earth and Environmental Science Journal with ISBN/DOI.