On 26th and 27th November 2018, the Competence Centre Building Envelope of Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts will once again host the international conference FACADE 2018 at the KKL Lucerne. This year’s event is also the closing conference of the COST Action TU1403 “Adaptive Facades Network”, which was initiated by the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts four years ago.
On the two days, renowned international representatives from practice and research will discuss research, design and manufacturing of high-performance building envelopes. On the first day, international speakers will present innovative examples and visions with focus on implementation and practice. The second day will be dedicated to the results of the COST network, with topics on digital design innovations or novel test methods.
Presentations and Speakers include, among others:
- Cities Alive: Green Building Envelop
- Rudi Scheuermann, Arup, UK
- The Maersk Tower Facade
- Mads Mandrup Hansen, C.F. Møller, Danmar, Johann Sischka, Waagner Biro, Austria
- High Comfort – Low Impact
- Thomas Auer, Transsolar, TUM, Germany
- Multidisciplinary Approach Towards Design of Kinetic Lightweight Sun Shading Facade.
- Miriam Dall’Igna, Foster + Partners, UK
- Adaptive Solar Façade
- Arno Schlüter, ETHZ, Switzerland
Topics include, among others:
- New and existing adaptive facade concepts, products and technologies,
- including the presentation of built projects and prototypes
- Design and construction innovations,
- including advanced geometries and parametric design approaches
- New ways for analysis and testing methods,
- including performance metrics and requirements for adaptive facades and
- advanced simulation methods for facade performance assessments
- Requirements for whole building integration and life time evaluation,
- including evaluation methods for in-situ assessments and
- post-occupancy evaluation methods
The conference aims at creative and innovative professionals and researchers active in the field of facade design with focus on adaptive facades. Participants will gain new perspectives and enhanced insights into innovative developments and research in future facade systems.