Although many cities and regions have engaged in an energy transition, fincancing sustainable energy measures remains a great challenge. Project investment costs are high and it seems difficult to cover them using the municipal budget and traditional financing methods only. Local and regional authorities have to be resourceful and open-minded to invent and test new financing mechanisms, business models, organisational structures and partnerships to make their sustainable energy projects happen. This requires strong technical, financial, legal and coordination skills and expertise in local authorities.
Training objectives: to inform and train participants on how to develop and implement three innovative financing schemesthat have been tested by 11 European cities and regions.
- Organisations who have a strong potential to replicate these financing schemes and/or to promote them towards local and regional authorities
- Representatives of national public authorities and energy agencies
- European and national associations of local authorities
- Representatives of managing authorities of the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF)
- Local and regional authorities and their energy agencies
- Financing institutions.
For more information: http://www.energy-cities.eu/IMG/pdf/infinite_solutions_training_agenda.pdf
The number of participants being limited, please register early!
Registration is mandatory. There are only 15 places for the study visit (compared to 60 for the training session).
Once registered you will receive a formal confirmation via email.
Please inform the organisers as soon as possible if you decide not to attend the training.
All activities are implemented in the framework of the INFINITE Solutions project supported by the Intelligent Energy Europe programme and coordinated by Energy Cities.