BUILD UP webinar series: Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of EPBD
This webinar will take place on the 19th January, 12.00 to 13.30
Webinar 9 – Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (3) Whole building calculations, from components to overall primary energy ( 12h00 – 13h30 – 19th January 2021)
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD, an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations),
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
This 9th webinar will focus on whole building energy performance calculations for residential buildings.
At this webinar we will demonstrate how the EPB standards enable to identify the impact of building and system design (insulated / non-insulated, system technology choice, renewables inclusion), outdoor climate (cold to hot) and assumed use patterns (such as occupancy and comfort schedules on the overall energy performance.
We will also demonstrate how (national) choices for partial and overall EPB numerical indicators can effectively control the energy performance and set reliable minimum energy performance requirements.
Programme of the 9th webinar (approximate timings):
- 12h00 – 12h05 – General introduction by the moderator (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
- 12h05 - 12h10 – Brief introduction by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 12h10 - 12h35 – Building envelope: how to identify the starting point of an nearly zero-energy building (NZEB) with heating and cooling needs and partial performance indicators by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 12h35 - 13h00 – Technical systems: influence of design and operation mode on dedicated indicators and overall building performance by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 13h00 - 13h30 – Moderated Q&A
Closing remarks by the moderator
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
This webinar series is jointly organized by BUILD UP and EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).
Overview of the first series of webinars (click to access the programme and recording)
- “Guidance and examples for the EPB standards’ flexibility”,
- “EPB standards overview: why, how, what!”,
- “How to make good use of the outputs of the EPB assessments”,
- “EPB standards hourly vs monthly methods”,
- “EPB standards linked to health and wellbeing”,
- “Heating systems in the EPB standards”.
Overview of the second series of webinars (click to access the programme and recording), aiming to further demonstrate the relevance and usability of specific EPB standards by example calculations on buildings and systems:
Save the dates!
(all: 12h00-13h30, CET)
- Tuesday Jan. 19, 2021: (3) Whole building calculations, from components to overall primary energy (initially planned on Dec.8, 2020)
- Tuesday Feb. 2, 2021: (4) Additional example calculations (initially planned on Jan. 19, 2021)