BETEC is a voluntary membership council of the National Institute of Building Sciences. BETEC is charged with encouraging optimum energy use of buildings through a better understanding of how overall, complex building components interact with each other and with the environment.
- To integrate technical programs on fire safety and thermal comfort with the thermal performance of building envelopes.
BETEC brings together a cross-section of public and private building community leaders to solve major energy-related regulatory and technical issues. Its membership is comprised of:
- Material Suppliers
- Trade Associations
- Builders/Building Contractors
- Code and Standards Organizations
- Academic Institutions
- Product Manufacturers
- Labor Organizations
- Professional Societies
- Federal, State, Local Government Agencies/Officials
- Consumer/Public Interest Groups