The European Construction Sector Observatory (ECSO) is a 3-year action (2015-2017) under the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (COSME) programme. The Observatory aims to inform European policymakers and stakeholders on the market conditions and policy developments in the construction sector in the 28 EU Member States, through regular analysis and comparative assessments which will be published on the project website regularly, comprising:
- Detailed Country Fact Sheets (CFS) for each Member State.
- A list of policy measures implemented in EU countries to boost the construction sector as such.
- Analytical reports providing socio-economic and environmental performance analysis of the construction sector and recommendations to foster the sector's competitiveness.
The objectives of the Observatory are to:
- monitor market conditions and trends, and national/regional strategies related to the five thematic priorities of Construction 2020;
- facilitate knowledge sharing and awareness on policy measures and initiatives that have an impact on the construction value chain.