EuroPHit aims to significantly increase the quality and energy efficiency of one of the most common types of refurbishment: retrofits conducted gradually over a period of years.
With the EnerPHit Standard as the goal and Passive House principles as the basis, EuroPHit applies knowledge on deep energy retrofits to the often overlooked yet critical area of step-by-step refurbishments.
Key project outcomes include the elaboration of:
- Criteria and certification schemes for retrofits aiming for the EnerPHit Standard over the course of years
- Financing models and market incentive programmes tailored to step-by-step retrofits
- Design concepts and sound guidelines for the development of suitable, high performance building components
- Specific energy balance tools for gradual energy retrofits
- Training materials and workshops focusing on the specific needs of step-by-step refurbishment
This latest research on step-by-step retrofits is being put to use in the variety of building case studies involved in the project – showing the way towards an increasingly high quality, energy efficient building stock.