The European Ventilation Industry Association EVIA represents the ventilation industry both in Brussels with the EU institutions and in the national capitals with our partners.
EVIA aims to serve as platform and point of contact between all the relevant European stakeholders involved in ventilation industry including European decision-makers, scientists, and other relevant organizations. The mission statement of EVIA is: EVIA aims to promote highly energy efficient ventilation applications across Europe, with high consideration for health and comfort aspects. Fresh and good indoor air quality is a critical element of comfort and contributes to keeping people healthy in buildings. EVIA takes the view that the ventilation sector can contribute to the energy efficiency targets set by the EU. Heat recovery in ventilation systems for instance can result in avoiding large heat losses in buildings and therefore contribute to the overall energy performance of a building.
What EVIA stands for:
- Promote high indoor air quality and energy recovery through quality solutions (products and installation) at European and national levels;
- Promote the idea that recovered energy is at least as environment-friendly as renewable energies and that recovered energy deserves equivalent consideration in EU policies;
- Secure that regulations will take the quality aspect of ventilation systems including their installation into account;
- Spread best practices regarding design, installation and maintenance;
- Support suitable training curriculum and quality insurance for installations throughout Europe;
- Support a harmonisation of local product approval processes towards common European standards.