IEA- EBC Annex 71: Building energy performance assessment based on in situ measurements
The Executive Committee of the International Energy Agency Energy in Buildings and Communities programme (IEA EBC) approved the “IEA-EBC Annex 71: Building energy performance assessment based on in situ measurements” in 2016. The project will run till 2021.
The project objectives are:
- the development of replicable characterisation and quality assurance methodologies embedded in a statistical and building physical framework to characterise and assess the actual energy performance of buildings;
- the disaggregation of building energy use to its three main sources: building fabric, systems and users; and
- to investigate how on-site assessment methods can be applied for quality assurance.
The planned deliverables from this project are:
- dynamic data sets (at different scales: individual building and district levels) that can be used for developing dynamic data analysis procedures and for validation purposes;
- a series of reports covering the following topics: reliability of input data for onsite building performance assessment, dynamic data analysis methods that can be used to disaggregate occupant influences / fabric and systems at the building level, case studies at the building level, data analysis methods applicable at the district level, case studies at the district level, guidelines (possibilities and limitations) to apply the methods in quality assessment procedures;
- collaboration with Dynastee, the network of excellence on full scale testing and dynamic data analysis.
For more information, please visit the project’s website at the link provided below.