The Executive Committee of the International Energy Agency Energy in Buildings and Communities programme (IEA EBC) approved the “IEA-EBC Annex 74: Competition and Living Lab Platform” in 2016. The project will run until 2021. The project is intended to serve as a know-how platform linking the experiences worldwide and working towards further improvement of existing competitions, as well as developing new competition formats.
The project objectives are to:
- establish an international collaboration platform for competitions in the building sector;
- strengthen the IEA dissemination activities concerning buildings-related R&D;
- increase the role of competitions as test ground for innovative methods, tools and systems with a strong link to the scientific community and academia;
- raise public visibility of energy policy towards climate neutral habitation; and
- provide case studies on the building and district level.
The planned deliverables from this project are:
- a web-based knowledge platform and portal;
- a competition evolution and concept report, and a competition management guide;
- educational material;
- newsletters; and
- an alumni network.
For more information, please visit the project’s website at the link provided below.