NorthPass is a project within EU’s Intelligent Energy Europe programme. The aim is the promotion of very low-energy houses to the North European construction market. Focus area is new residential buildings. Participating countries: Finland (coordinator VTT), Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Project duration: 2009 - 2012.
- Local criteria for very low-energy buildings
- Building concepts for meeting the criteria and guidlines for design
- Calculation and presentation of the benefits
- Country-specific market analyses and marketing approaches
- Business models for the very low-energy building market
- Dissemination of the results to designers, builders, decision-makers, etc.
The project officially ended on 25 May 2012.