Optimised Energy Efficient Design Platform for Refurbishment at District Level
OptEEmAL, a project funded under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme, will develop an Optimised Energy Efficient Design Platform able to design energy efficient retrofitting projects that are based on different energy conservation measures to improve the behaviour of a district. The tool will reduce time delivery and uncertainties and result in improved solutions when compared to business-as-usual practices.
Under the coordination of Fundación CARTIF, 13 partners from 8 countries are working on delivering an optimised, integrated and systemic design tool based on an Integrated Project Delivery approach for building and district retrofitting projects.
- Development of a holistic and effective services platform for District Energy Efficient Retrofitting Design integrating interoperable modules and tools able to provide services for diagnosis, scenarios generation (according to stakeholders priorities), energy/ cost/ environment/ social evaluation, scenarios optimisation and data export.
- Reinforcement of the presence of all involved stakeholders through an Integrated Project Delivery approach that will allow them being articulated through a collaborative and value-based process to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Development of an integrated ontology-based District Data Model that will contain key information in the fields of energy, comfort, environment (LCA), economic, social wellbeing and urban morphology.
- Development of an Energy Conservation Measures catalogue (ECM) including technical, operational, maintenance and cost information giving valuable and consistent outputs to the design and district operation and maintenance stages.
- Development of a bio-inspired optimization module based on Evolutionary computing with the aim to automate the decision making process to obtain the optimal design for an energy efficient retrofitting plan at district level.
- Development of external connections of the OptEEmAL Platform to external entities (i.e. existing tools enabling the calculation of indicators to generate and optimise the retrofitting scenarios)
- Strong disseminations, training, exploitation and market deployment strategies.
Project duration: From September 2015 to February 2019.