The H20202 PLANHEAT project develops and validates an integrated and easy-to-use tool to support local authorities in selecting, simulating and comparing alternative low carbon and economically sustainable scenarios for heating and cooling. It will be validated in the three PLANHEAT cities.
The PLANHEAT simulation tool will be designed to support local authorities in:
- mapping the potential of locally available low-carbon energy sources
- mapping the forecasted demand for heating and cooling
- defining and simulating alternative environmentally friendly scenarios
- understanding the interactions of these new scenarios with the existing infrastructures and networks
- identifying potential for further extension and upgrade of district heating and cooling networks
- evaluating the benefits in terms of energetic, economic and environmental gains.