TRAINBUD is the second pillar of the BUILD UP Skills Hungary (BUSH 2011-2013) project. The BUSH project created a base for building energy efficiency and renewable energy into the vocational training of construction workers in Hungary.
In order to: a) create positive reinforcement for Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) skilled workers to invest trainings to gain practical skills related to sustainable construction and b) provide homeowners with reliable information on the skills and qualities of construction workers, TRAINBUD will try to:
- Reinforce the up-to-date knowledge and appropriate skill base of construction workforce (especially HVAC skilled workers) in building energetics, energy efficient measures and use of renewable energy by developing a sustainable training programme;
- Raise the awareness of property and home owners in energy efficiency measures and emphasising the importance of proper examination, assessment and installation of such measures raise the demand for such qualified, skilled workers.
This will be achieved through the project outputs:
- Reduction of greenhouse gas emission by energy efficient improvements and by use of renewable energy sources performed by trained workforce having up-to-date knowledge and skills: 8 054 ton/year within action duration and altogether 370094 ton until 2020
- Providing easy to reach, practical trainings for HVAC workers:1) Additional 60 hours training of skilled workers who already acquired a HVAC qualification accepted in National Qualification Registry;2) 7 types of 20 hours further training in energy efficiency and in the use of renewable energy in the building sector
- The idea of cost optimum investment becomes more understandable and more easily estimated for home owners and property managers. Providing fundamental information to home owners and condominium managers in energy efficient improvements and in the use of renewable energy, providing extra support in choosing workers and Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) in the workmanship through events and a separate page on the created webpage
- Sustainable Construction Skills Alliance which builds up long term sustainability and flexibility for the proposed and developed training schemes
To find out more about TRAINBUD please click here.