Build Up Skills UPSWING aims at developing appropriate training and qualification schemes to boost the construction workers' knowledge and skills on topics on energy efficiency, for:
- insulation technicians;
- aluminium and metal construction craftsmen;
- installers - maintainers of burners.
In coherence with the Qualification Roadmap for Greece, developed in Pillar I of the Build Up Skills Initiative (BUS-GR), UPSWING aspires to:
- upgrade and accredit the occupational profiles to include the energy skills required for the delivery of high energy performance buildings;
- define key components of the qualification schemes, through a multi-stakeholder approach representing the whole value chain and incorporating the genuine market needs;
- design the appropriate training courses, training materials and guidelines;
- deliver training courses for workers and their trainers to test the scheme on the ground, in order to assess and revise the training scheme;
- implement the certification of qualifications by the national competent body;
- establish fully operating large scale training schemes.
The UPSWING activities will result in 23,650 trained/certified building workers and 225 qualified trainers by 2020.
To find out about the UPSWING project and training please click here.