Like in a modern Tower of Babel, managing quality within building commissioning means ensuring collaboration and data sharing between different actors (i.e. building systems and people) and act to contain defects aiming to achieve optimal performance. This ensures that the building system won't collapse but eventually get better overtime.
The main benefits of implementing a quality management system during commissioning may be summarised as follows:
- Improved understanding of the building and adaptability to changing needs
- Optimal performance and enhanced lifespan of building systems
- Improved satisfaction and productivity of occupants
- Reduced energy costs and more profitable energy efficiency investments
- Increase of the building value and green rating