In view of the international climate objectives, providing both affordable and energy efficient living space has become a challenging task for cities and communities. Solutions for solving this dilemma will be discussed at the 22nd International Passive House Conference which will take place on 9 and 10 March 2018 in Munich, Germany. "Passive House – it’s worth it!" is the motto of this year’s Conference, which will be introducing many low-cost projects relating to energy efficient construction to the Passive House Standard.
Focus: Compatibility of efficiency and profitability
The Call for Papers includes the following topics:
- Profitability: cost-effective projects and concepts
- Basis of decision-making for investors / valuation of Passive House buildings
- Renewable / sustainable energy supply / PER
- Ventilation and indoor air quality
- Building envelope: components / trades
- Qualification of designers and tradespersons
- Climate adaptation: summer comfort
- Passive House retrofits
- Commissioning / Facility Management / Monitoring
- Quality assurance: benefits of certification
- Building materials in focus: economics / ecology / embodied energy
- Fire and sound protection in Passive House buildings
- Tools / Digitisation / BIM
- Architecture / Aesthetics
- Passive House international
Abstracts may be submitted until 12 September 2017.
For further information and abstract submission, please visit the relevant Passive House Institute webpages at the links below.