In the framework of the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW), the Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE) and the Federal Chamber of German Architects (BAK) will organise two public events on Thursday 22 June in Brussels, Belgium, on the theme
Architecture: Towards a Step Change in Building Performance:
PANEL DISCUSSION (EUSEW Policy Conference), from 9h00 to 10h30 at the Résidence Palace
WORKSHOP (EUSEW Energy Day), from 13h30 to 17h00 at the Architects’ House
In the context of the on-going revision of the EU Directive on the Energy Performance of Buildings (EPBD), the objective is to raise awareness at EU level of the architectural determinants of building performance. In particular, these events will aim to debate and shed light on:
- the role of architecture in creating a step-change in the uptake of energy efficiency measures
- the imperative to consider building performance in a broader and more holistic perspective
- the four pillars of building performance: resource efficiency; indoor environmental quality; occupant satisfaction; value
- the feasibility of requiring systematic feedback on the achieved performance of buildings in operation / the validation of buildings performance in use
- implications for EU energy legislation and financial incentives
Both events are public (upon registration), free of charge and will be web-streamed.
Click on the links above for more information and to sign up.
See also the relevant BUILD UP Event for further information on the EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW 2017).