The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) has announced a call for papers for its 2017 Winter Conference, which will take place from 28 January to 1 February 2017 in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
The conference seeks papers on new tracks that address the changes in technology:
- The relationship between water usage and energy systems becomes more prominent as the demands of development and over use as well as climate change continue to drain resources. The Water-Energy Nexus track highlights research in this area. It also explores technologies and designs intended to reduce the gap between energy and water efficiency.
- The Advances in Mission Critical Design and Operation track highlights developments in mission critical facilities and the challenges of meeting increasing load demands while minimising the impact on energy and water usage.
- Climate change will have an increasing effect on the design and operation of the built environment. The Climate Change and Its Effects on HVAC&R Design and Technologies track focuses on methods to increase building resiliency and facilitate climate adaptation.
- Energy Efficient Industrial Buildings and Life Safety spotlights energy efficiency in industrial buildings and how it can be achieved without compromising life safety considerations.
In addition, the conference seeks papers on Fundamentals and Applications, HVAC&R Systems and Equipment, Commercial and Industrial IAQ and Building Operation and Performance: Meeting the Modelling Expectations.
ASHRAE offers two types of paper submissions:
- Conference paper abstracts: due 14 March 2016
- Full technical papers: due 18 April 2016
For further information, please visit the relevant ASHRAE website.