The Covenant of Mayors is the world’s largest movement for local climate and energy actions.
The initiative now gathers 7,000+ local and regional authorities across 57 countries drawing on the strengths of a worldwide multi-stakeholder movement. Signatories endorse a shared vision for 2050: accelerating the decarbonisation of their territories, strengthening their capacity to adapt to unavoidable climate change impacts, and allowing their citizens to access secure, sustainable and affordable energy.
The event presents 30 successful projects in six thematic parallel strands of dedicated interactive workshops featuring:
- Sustainable energy planning
- Financing clean urban transport
- Financing energy efficiency in the public sector
- Home renovation schemes in cities and regions
- Financing climate adaptation
- Innovative financing schemes facilitating the market for climate and sustainable energy finance