On 11 March 2016, the European Commission announced the launching of the European Investment Project Portal (EIPP). The new portal addresses EU-based project promoters and is designed to boost the visibility of EU projects and attract a wide range of potential investors. The sectors covered by the EIPP include renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy infrastructure, energy R&D, and fuel extraction and refining.
EIPP is designed in response to investors’ desire to see more potential EU investment opportunities in a central information platform. It will also boost the visibility of projects to a large network of international investors, by presenting projects in a structured and harmonised format.
To be published on the portal, a project must:
- have a total cost of at least EUR 10 million;
- fall under one of the pre-determined high economic-value-added areas (a choice of up to two areas per project is available to the promoters);
- be expected to start within three years of their submission;
- be promoted by a public or private legal entity established in an EU Member State;
- be compatible with all applicable EU and national laws.
For further information, please visit the relevant DG Energy webpage: https://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/news/new-portal-bring-eu-projects-and-potential-investors-closer
See also the relevant BUILD UP post.