BUILD UP webinar series: Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of EPBD
This webinar took place on the 2nd February, 12.00 to 13.30
Webinar 10 – Example calculations with the set of EPB standards – (4) Focus on non-residential buildings (12h00 – 13h30 – 2nd February 2021)
Following the successful first series of 6 webinars on the Energy Performance of Buildings standards (EN/ISO) supporting the implementation of the EPBD, an additional series of 4 webinars has been scheduled on the set up and results of a series of example calculations on buildings and systems using the EPB standards.
The goal of these example calculations is to demonstrate:
- the functionality (the calculation works all together on practical cases, available features to describe energy properties of buildings and HVAC installations),
- the sensitivity (impact of single data or group of data on selected calculation results), and
- the usability (clear data input; description of practical system configurations, useful results and avoiding unnecessary input complexity)
of individual calculation modules and of the whole building calculation procedure.
The calculations will be performed for the most representative building types, technologies and climates.
This 10th webinar was focus on building energy performance calculations for non-residential buildings. At this webinar we demonstrated how the EPB standards enable to deal with various types of buildings and systems, taking in to account different conditions of use (EN 16798-1) and different control strategies, for different climates.
Like in previous webinars, we focused both on details related to specific EPB standards (such as EN ISO 52016-1, EN 16798-7 and EN 16798-5-1), and on the impact on the overall building energy performance (EN ISO 52000-1).
Programme (approximate timings):
- 12h00 – 12h05 – General introduction by the moderator (overview, practical information on participation (Q&A), etc.)
- 12h05 - 12h10 – Brief introduction, by Jaap HOGELING, Chairperson CEN/TC 371, Energy Performance of Buildings project group, European Committee for Standardization (CEN)
- 12h10 - 12h20 – Specific features of the calculation of energy needs for heating and cooling for non-residential buildings, by Dick VAN DIJK, EPB expert, EPB Center
- 12h20 - 12h45 – Integrated application of the EPB standards on energy needs, ventilation and air heating and cooling; demonstration, by Gerhard ZWEIFEL, EPB expert, Professor emeritus Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- 12h45 - 13h00 – From component to overall energy performance – the modular approach, by Laurent SOCAL, independent EPB expert
- 13h00 - 13h28 – Moderated Q&A
- Closing remarks by the moderator
Series of webinars on the EPB standards
This webinar series is jointly organized by BUILD UP and EPB Center’s experts under the scope of Service Contract ENER/C3/2017-437/SI2-785.185 “Support the dissemination and roll-out of the set of Energy Performance of Buildings standards developed under EC Mandate M/480” (duration September 2018 - September 2021).
Overview of the first series of webinars (click to access the programme and recording)
- “Guidance and examples for the EPB standards’ flexibility”,
- “EPB standards overview: why, how, what!”,
- “How to make good use of the outputs of the EPB assessments”,
- “EPB standards hourly vs monthly methods”,
- “EPB standards linked to health and wellbeing”,
- “Heating systems in the EPB standards”.
Overview of the second series of webinars (click to access the programme and recording), aiming to further demonstrate the relevance and usability of specific EPB standards by example calculations on buildings and systems: