Energy & Hot Climates winner - Green Solutions Awards 2018
The media library of Saint-Joseph (Reunion) questions the identity of the contemporary architecture of Reunion, that of the Sud Sauvage more precisely. It refers to images, block of basalt, fagot of vetyver, geko, kalbanon but especially for uses, taking again the progressiveness of the sequences of traditional entries, creating a progression between the public space and that of the intimate one.
The building incorporates a direct relationship to the outside, blurring its limits with the interior. Only way to succeed, the design of an open building, passive, so without air conditioning. He achieves this by insulating, protecting himself from direct sunlight, by ventilating naturally and by adding a low-pressure chimney.
Full document in:
Some relevant data:
- Primary energy need :58,00 kWhpe/m2.year (Primary energy need for standard building :500,00 kWhpe/m2.year)
- Final Energy :29,00 kWhfe/m2.year
- Breakdown for energy consumption :
- Office 7.7
- Lighting: 7.4
- VMC (Sanitary / Changing rooms): 0.6 Air brewers (5,0)
- Climatsation (Server, precious funds, guardian): 6.1 SHW: 0.8
- Hot water system : Solar Thermal
- Cooling system : Tape / No cooling system
- Ventilation system : Natural ventilation (+ ceiling fans)