In 2012 the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology and the Austrian Climate and Energy Fund launched the publication series “energy innovation austria”. These publications (published four times a year) provide insight into the Austrian energy research and present new concepts and innovative products in the field of forward-looking energy technologies. The articles are based on research projects funded by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology and the Climate and Energy Fund.
The current issue deals with Austria’s involvement in the International Energy Agency (IEA) Network and presents selected technological initiatives (national and international). It covers a variety of articles which include:
- Worldwide dissemination of knowledge for our future supply of energy;
- The IEA‘s Energy Technology Network - Organising energy research internationally;
- More electricity from the sun – integrating photovoltaic equipment in power networks in the best possible way;
- Wind power in cold climates;
- Heating and cooling with solar energy;
- Using biomass sustainably paths to the “BioEconomy”;
- IEA Greenhouse Gas R&D programme;
- IEA Fluidized Bed Conversion;
- Sustainable energy strategies for buildings and communities;
- Energy-efficient end-use equipment;
- Heat pumps in smart energy networks;
- Smart grid technologies for an intelligent energy system;
- Pioneering power supply system with Demand Side Management.
Download the full article at: http://www.energy-innovation-austria.at/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/eia_IEA_15_E_FIN.pdf