This is the Concerted Action (CA) EPBD country implementation report for Lithuania, as updated at the end of 2016.
The CA EPBD national implementation reports present in a snapshot the status and progress achieved in implementing the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD), describing among other things:
- the history and current status of implementation of the EPBD (Directives 2002/91/EC and 2010/31/EC), highlighting main advances since 2012;
- the evolution of minimum energy efficiency requirements over time, starting before the EPBD and showing the impacts of the relevant directives on new and existing, residential, as well as non-residential and public buildings, including conclusions reached from the cost-optimal studies, key elements of the action plans for the 2020 Nearly Zero-Energy Buildings (NZEB) target, as well as plans for the implementation of the building renovation strategy and the exemplary role of public buildings;
- requirements on technical building systems, with focus on installation, dimensioning, adjustment and control, covering intelligent metering, as well as active energy saving measures;
- the functioning of the certification market, including the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) formats and their main contents, how EPCs are issued, typical costs, the use of EPCs in advertisements, sales and rental contracts, required qualifications and training for Qualified Experts (QE), information about the numbers of QEs and issued EPCs, compliance and enforcement of certification in practice, as well as provisions for quality control;
- the status of inspections of boilers, heating and air-conditioning (AC) systems, required qualifications and training for inspectors, information about the numbers of inspectors and inspections, as well as provisions for quality control and compliance, or what has been done in terms of alternative measures that, according to the EPBD, may replace mandatory inspections;
- a selected EPBD implementation success story; and
- an overview of the next steps for the transformation of the building stock to improved energy performance levels.
For more information on the Concerted Action EPBD, go to www.epbd-ca.eu/ca-outcomes/outcomes-2015-2018
The work is co-funded under the Intelligent Energy – Europe Programme of the European Union under the contract IEE/CA/10/002 SI2.588732.