This report is one of the deliverables of the International Energy Agency Energy in Buildings and Communities programme (IEA EBC) Annex 57: “Evaluation of embodied energy (eE) and carbon dioxide equivalent emissions (CO2eq) for building construction”. The project aimed to develop and provide the necessary methodological bases, tools, calculation rules, data bases and application examples for incorporating the aspects of embodied energy and green house gas (GHG) emissions into the decision-making of relevant stakeholder groups.
The specific document summarises the different subtask reports and the conclusions of the work conducted within the framework of annex 57.
The objectives of this report are:
- to define the relationship between actors and targets related to embodied and GHG emissions for building construction (Subtask 1);
- to collect and analyse existing research results concerning embodied energy and GHG emissions owing to building construction in order to document the state of the art (Subtask 2);
- to develop methods for evaluating embodied energy and GHG emissions resulting from building construction (Subtask 3);
- to develop recommendations for reducing embodied energy and CO2 in buildings, through the collection and analysis of case studies to design and construct buildings with less embodied energy and CO2 (Subtask 4);
- to develop a project summary report outlining the technical results of Annex 57 and to disseminate research results and guidelines of annex 57 (Subtask 5).
For further information or to download the report, please visit the relevant IEA-EBC Annex 57 webpage at the link provided below.