The International Energy Agency's Energy in Buildings and Communities (IEA-EBC) Programme newsletter carries regular reports of energy policy development and research activities taking place in various countries. It contains updates on ongoing and planned research projects, features new publications and website information, as well as topical articles of a general nature. It is intended for those active in fields relating to operational energy saving for buildings and communities.
The current edition includes an introduction of Canadian policies and movements, also with updates on EBC’s major R&D projects that cover ways to realise both better indoor air quality and higher energy efficiency, reconsideration of thermal comfort by using energy more wisely, and analysis of real energy use and relevant factors by using big data. In addition, the issue provides an update on EBC’s working Group on calculating HVAC energy use in non-residential buildings.
The IEA-EBC news Issue 66, November 2017 contains the following articles:
- Canada Connects Policy with Technologies for a Nationwide Strategy
- Indoor Air Quality Design in Low Energy Residential Buildings - Current project: EBC annex 68
- Adaptive Thermal Comfort in Buildings - Current project: EBC annex 69
- Big Data Discovery Science for Energy Efficient Buildings - Current project: EBC annex 70
- Reliable Calculations for Energy Use in HVAC Systems - Current Working Group
Please visit the IEA EBC website at the link provided below to download the newsletter.