IEA-EBC Annual Report- 2017
The annual report of 2017 of the International Energy Agency’s Energy in Buildings and Communities (IEA-EBC) Programme presents an overview of progress made by the EBC Programme, including summaries of new, ongoing and recently completed projects. It is consisting of three parts: the Chair's Statement, Project progress reports and practical background information. It also includes a summary of the latest outcomes of the Programme intended for policy and decision makers.
- EBC Executive Committee Chair’s Statement
- the launch of two new EBC international research projects, including Annex 76: “Deep Renovation of Historic Buildings Towards Lowest Possible Energy Demand and CO2 Emissions” and Annex 77: “Integrated Solutions for Daylight and Electric Lighting”;
- the establishment of the new Working Group, “Cities & Communities”;
- the completion and final project outcomes of three EBC international research projects: Annex 56: “Cost-Effective Energy & CO2 Emissions Optimization in Building Renovation”, Annex 60: “New Generation Computational Tools for Building & Community Energy Systems” and Annex 61: “Business and Technical Concepts for Deep Energy Retrofit of Public Buildings”.
The report includes also specific sections on:
- Annex 5: "Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre"
- Annex 62: “Ventilative Cooling”
- Annex 63: “Implementation of Energy Strategies in Communities”
- Annex 64: “LowEx Communities - Optimised Performance of Energy Supply Systems with Exergy Principles”
- Annex 65: “Long Term Performance of Super-Insulating Materials in Building Components and Systems”
- Annex 66: “Definition and Simulation of Occupant Behaviour in Buildings”
- Annex 67: “Energy Flexible Buildings”
- Annex 68: "Design and Operational Strategies for High IAQ in Low Energy Buildings".
- Annex 69: “Strategy and Practice of Adaptive Thermal Comfort in Low Energy Buildings”
- Annex 70: “Building Energy Epidemiology: Analysis of Real Building Energy Use at Scale”
- Annex 71: “Building Energy Performance Assessment Based on In-situ Measurements”
- Annex 72: “Assessing Life Cycle Related Environmental Impacts Caused by Buildings”
- Annex 73: “Towards Net Zero Energy Public Resilient Communities”
- Annex 74: “Competition and Living Lab Platform”
- Annex 75: “Cost-effective Building Renovation at District Level Combining Energy Efficiency & Renewables”
- Working Group on HVAC Energy Calculation Methodologies for Non-residential Buildings
For further information or to download the report, please visit the relevant IEA-EBC website at the link provided below.