A summary of the Minergie standard, the requirements and additional requirements, the documents of proof and the certificate for a Minergie building are presented on this website.
Minergie is a voluntary building standard used in Switzerland, that allows for a rational energy use and the use of renewable energy with at the same time improved living quality and low environment pollution.
The characteristic energy value and the primary energy requirement for Minergie buildings depending on the building category are presented in a table. The characteristic energy value and the primary energy requirement for Minergie buildings depending on the building category are presented in a table.
For new dwellings the maximum characteristic value for heating energy is 38 kWh/m²a and the maximum primary energy demand is 90 % of the maximum value in the Swiss regulation.
The requirements for Minergie include:
- primary energy requirement for the building envelope
- controllable air change rate throughout the year
- weighted characteristic energy value
- proof of the thermal comfort in summer
- requirements depending on the building category for lighting, cooling and heat generation
- limit for the excess costs compared to similar conventional buildings (10 %)
A link to the Minergie requirements (SIA standard 380/1:2009) and an overview on the different Minergie versions (Minergie, Minergie-P, Minergie-A) is given as well.