This report is the result of the work performed under the Concerted Action EPBD and contains a collection of selected examples of Nearly Zero-Energy Buildings (NZEB). It compiles 32 examples of buildings realised in the different EU Member States which have an energy performance level that fulfils (or would most probably fulfil), or even surpasses the set (or envisaged) NZEB national requirements. The examples have been selected and provided by the EPBD Concerted Action national delegates.
The cross analysis of the 32 selected examples of realised NZEBs in Europe can provide a first set of answers to the following questions:
- What kinds of NZEBs or NZEB-like buildings are already available in the different countries?
- Is there a focus on residential buildings, i.e., are non-residential buildings receiving adequate attention?
- How much more energy efficient are these buildings compared to the current national energy performance requirements?
- What kind of renewable energy sources (RES) are included in the concepts?
- Are there marketing concepts for the buildings, i.e., are these 'singular' case-studies or can they be replicated or somehow marketed?
Co-funded by the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme of the European Union. More details on the IEE Programme can be found at ec.europa.eu/energy/intelligent.