The symposium is organized by the Swiss Society for Contamination Control (SRRT) and is hosted by the Institute of Quantum Electronics of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich.
The 21st symposium of the ICCCS (International Confederation of Contamination Control Societies) will take place at the ETH Zurich.
The ICCCS was founded in 1972 in Zurich, Switzerland, and is a nonprofit federation of 17 cleanroom associations worldwide. Contamination control is essential for all high tech industries and research where cleanliness is a precondition for the product quality, security, or the health of the users or workers. These processes are normally provided in “cleanrooms” where the cleanliness of air and surfaces and the degree of contamination from physical (mainly particles), chemical, and biological contamination is under control. Also some other physical parameters like temperature, humidity, pressure, and vibrations can be controlled. Cleanroom management and contamination control are revolutionized by new research results and novel applications of emerging technologies. New concepts aim at a system approach in process control with new challenges in life sciences and nanotechnology.
The main topics of the ICCCS 2012 are:
- Standardization Research and development
- Metrology, analysis, simulation
- Project management, logistics, safety and environment
- Engineering, energy, and systems
- Inorganic industry applications
- Life science industry applications
- Cleaning, clean surfaces, decontamination and services
- Filtration, separative devices
- Special topics