Now in its twelfth year, the conference will host an impressive range of speakers from EU institutions, as well as from public authorities and energy agencies across Europe.
This year’s conference will focus on sustainable energy investments, with sessions and speeches devoted to:
- EU policy developments in the fields of sustainable energy and regional development
- The Covenant of Mayors initiative as a political instrument for sustainable energy actions
- Specific examples of European cities on the implementation of Sustainable Energy Action Plans
- EU investment, financing and funding instruments (e.g., EEEF, ELENA, MLEI)
- The recently launched Smart Cities and Communities Initiative
- Technical support tools and services provided by ManagEnergy
Special attention will be given to the winner and runners up of the 2012 ManagEnergy Local Energy Action Award, whose outstanding projects will be highlighted during the conference.