ENSI EAB Software is used for calculating the energy performance of buildings in energy audits and for preparing building energy certificates. It can be applied to new and existing residential and non-residential buildings.
The tool is in accordance with EU standards and uses the algorithms and reference standards of EN ISO 13790. The calculation is done using technical (e.g. U-values), user specific (e.g. occupancy schedule) and climate data. Easy modeling is allowed by provision of pre-defined data for typical residential and non-residential buildings, including normative or standard values. Most input parameters are preset and can be adjusted according to the building conditions. Building parameters can be entered for the current building and for a rehabilitated building.
Results are presented as final energy need and use (heating, ventilation, DHW, etc.) and as heat losses for individual buildings components. A special screen provides the results for energy savings per measure. The program calculates the energy demand for the current building with standardized parameters, for the current building with actual parameters, and for the building after implementing energy saving measures. Additionally a “baseline” energy demand is calculated which accounts for basic comfort needs such as a minimum indoor temperature, ventilation rates, etc., if these are not currently met.
EAB Software in short:
- User friendly tool for calculating the energy performance of buildings
- Tailored for Energy Auditing of new and existing buildings and for Building Energy Certification
- According to EU norms and standards; Directive 2010/31/EC, the algorithm of EN ISO 13790:2008 and reference standards
- Basic parameters for energy calculations as U-values, infiltration, indoor temperatures, occupancy schedules, heating schedules, ventilation rates, operation periods, lighting, various equipment, system efficiencies
- Quick calculations, reflecting the influence between parameters
- Results presented as heat transfer coefficients, energy need, energy use, energy saved
- Generates EP indicators( kWh/m²) for use in Energy Certification
Currently the climate data for selected meteorological stations in 24 countries are available.