The EU funded BUILDINTEREST Project (Improving the attractiveness of investments in energy efficiency and sustainability in buildings) aims to structurally reduce uncertainty and increase trust in investments in sustainable energy in buildings. This is achieved mainly through reinforcing the trust of investors in sustainable energy and energy efficiency projects, and by reinforcement of the links and creation of a structural, long-term dialogue between public policies, investors and innovative companies.
The project will:
- develop three national sustainable financing platforms in Europe (The Netherlands, Italy and France);
- prepare the replication of successful financing platforms throughout Europe;
- develop a roadmap for attractive financing of sustainable energy in buildings;
- increase access to investments for sustainable energy in buildings;
- improve the financeability and attractiveness of investments in sustainable energy or energy efficiency in buildings.
Project duration: 2016-04-01 to 2018-03-31