Continuous, practice-oriented implementation and dissemination of the EPBD 2002 and energy end-use efficiency and energy services 2006 by training craftsmen and trainers in the construction trade
The IEE TRAINENERGY project prepared and implemented a pilot qualification for craftsmen in the building sector. The objective was to contribute to the qualification of the market to make European legislation as effective as possible. The project involved:
- An on-line training database with instituionalised (nationally approved and validated) training modules.
- Training guides for craftsmen and for trainers, including common European elements and national tailored ones - craftsmen and trainers accredited during the pilot phase The action is accompanied by measures to disseminate its outcomes and to facilitate roll out of the concept through a replicable model.
- Improved capacity of building professionals
- Creation of a network of training providers
- Definition of professional competences and skills for five crafts in the construction trade
- Embedding of developed training materials in national curricula
The first evaluation of the course showed that the training material was to theoretical and there was a need for combining the lectures with sight visits and practical demonstrations/work
Project duration: October 2009 to September 2011.