The Nachhaltig Wirtschaften initiative (Austria) supports communication and information sharing related to research and technology projects in the field of energy and environmental technologies. This is a service of the Austrian Federal Ministry of Transport, Innovation and Technology (BMVIT).
The initiative's objectives are:
- New opportunities for the economy
- Economical use of natural resources
- Consolidation of Austria's position in the field of technology
- Positive effects on the economy and on employment
These objectives are achieved through
- strengthening of R&D competence;
- interdisciplinarity and networking;
- diffusion and application of R&D results.
The initiative's research and technology projects include the following:
- Building of Tomorrow - Building of Tomorrow Plus (Phase 2)
- Energy Systems of Tomorrow
- Factory of Tomorrow