„School vent cool“ wants to increase energy efficiency by high-quality retrofit concepts while at the same time improve comfort by tested ventilation solutions and also by preventing overheating in the school buildings of the European partner countries. The project is the basis for sustainable educational buildings, offering energy efficiency with high quality indoor climate therefore providing the best learning and teaching conditions.
The project works with different strategies for energy efficient retrofits based on a building typology. Pre-fabrication and modular construction elements play a major role. New solutions for ventilation systems and the requirements for natural cooling to prevent overheating in the classrooms are investigated, integrated in the retrofit concepts and tested. Additionally the project will analyse the lighting situation in the classrooms, while taking into consideration overheating and glare problems for the IT-based teaching areas.
The first results are presented in a professional form as a brochure and in multimedia form as a film, developed by students with support from teachers of the Landesberufsschule Gleinstätten/Steiermark. Further results will follow in spring 2013.
DI. Armin Knotzer (aee-intec)
BMVIT – Bundesministerium für Verkehr, Innovation und Technologie im Rahmen der europäischen Forschungsplattform ERACOBUILD
- Hochschule Luzern Technik & Architektur, Kompetenzzentrum Typologie & Planung in der Architektur (CCTP), http://www.hslu.ch
- Fachhochschule Nordwestschweiz, Hochschule für Architektur, Bau und Geomatik, Institut Energie am Bau, http://www.fhnw.ch
- DTU Technical University of Denmark, Civil Engineering - Building Physics and Services, http://www.byg.dtu.dk/
- DTU Technical University of Denmark, Civil Engineering - International Centre for Indoor Environment and Energy, http://www.byg.dtu.dk/
- Passiefhuis-Platform vzw, http://www.passiefhuisplatform.be
- Stad Antwerpen, http://www.antwerpen.be