This project has received funding from the European Union’s H2020 programme under Grant Agreement N. 856943
Digital Platform for Construction in Europe
In modern economy, digitalisation is a major driver of productivity growth across industries and services. To remain competitive in an increasingly globalised market, the EU economy must transform itself digitally.
The construction sector is characterised by a high presence of SMEs, low capitalisation, a low rate of higher educated employees, low investment in innovation, and a long supply chain. Moreover, in the EU market, different languages, taxation, and regulatory frameworks are obstacles to synergies. DigiPLACE will address those issues and exploit the EU added value.
DigiPLACE is a framework allowing the development of future digital platforms as common ecosystems of digital services that will support innovation, commerce, etc. It will define a Reference Architecture Framework for digital construction platform based on an EU-wide consensus involving a large community of stakeholders, resulting in a strategic roadmap for successful implementation of this architecture.
DigiPLACE will rely on a relevant set of partners, linked third parties and an Advisory Board. The consortium, composed of an unprecedented collaboration between EU construction industry representatives, a strong academic partnership and the support of 3 countries’ public authorities will work together during 18 months. From September 2019, the project partners are collaborating to create the framework for the digital platform. The 19 partners from 11 countries led by Politecnico di Milano will pave the way for future projects in the field of digital construction.
This project is the first ever proposal targeting the digital transformation of the construction industry to receive EU funding from Directorate‑General for Communications Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT).
- POLITECNICO DI MILANO
- CENTRE SCIENTIFIQUE ET TECHNIQUE DU BATIMENT
- EUROPEAN CONSTRUCTION, BUILT ENVIRONMENT AND ENERGY EFFICIENT BUILDINGS TECHNOLOGY PLATFORM
- INDRA SOLUCIONES TECNOLOGIAS DE LA INFORMACION SL
- CONSEIL DES ARCHITECTES D'EUROPE
- BUILDINGSMART INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
- COMMITTEE FOR EUROPEAN CONSTRUCTIONEQUIPMENT
- EUROPEAN BUILDERS CONFEDERATION
- EUROPEAN FEDERATION OF ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY ASSOCIATIONS
- FEDERATION DE L'INDUSTRIE EUROPEENNE DE LA CONSTRUCTION
- UNIVERZA V LJUBLJANI
- FEDERAZIONE DELLE COSTRUZIONI
- CENTRE SCIENTIFIQUE ET TECHNIQUE DE LA CONSTRUCTION
- CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS EUROPE
- MINISTERE DE LA TRANSITION ECOLOGIQUE ET SOLIDAIRE
- ASSOCIAZIONE NAZIONALE COSTRUTTORI EDILI
- BUNDESMINISTERIUM FUER VERKEHR UND DIGITALE INFRASTRUKTUR DIG
- BAM BOUW EN TECHNIEK BV
- Italian Ministry of Infrastructure and Transports
Start date: 1/09/2019 - End date: 28/02/2021