More specifically the project intends to:
- organize mobilization campaigns to promote Structural and Cohesion Funds for sustainable energy, including Energy Investment Days (EIDs), round tables, panels and study trips.
- enable project developers to apply for Structural and Cohesion Funds, by producing a project application manual and by preparing and initiation 5 pilot projects in 5 pilot regions.
- promote the success stories of already realized “good practice” sustainable energy projects co-fnanced through the Structural and Cohesion Funds.
- develop practical policy recommendations for increasing the importance of sustainable energy in the upcoming programming period 2014‐2020.
- assess practical framework and financing opportunities for Structural and Cohesion Funds investments by analyzing the Operational Programmes link to Structural and Cohesion Funds & Energy in each of the campaigning regions.
- define a sustainability assessment matrix link to Structural and Cohesion Funds & Energy for the evaluation of sustainable energy project, using a pool of existing criteria.
The project is active in 12 European countries : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany,Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, United Kingdom. The planned completion date for the project is 31/12/2012.
Find out more about the project here.