The Commission is in the process of updating some of the content on this website in light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.

When will the new regulation be in force?

Share this Post:

The new regulation incorporated into the Building Code will be in force from the 1st of January 2009. This means that from this date all buildings, excluding buildings defined in Art. 5 p.7 (such as monumental buildings, temporary used buildings, churches, farm buildings, industrial buildings with energy consumption less than 50 kWh/a, and detached houses with area below 50 m2.) and apartments being sold or rented should have a valid energy certificate.

Author: Malgorzata POPIOLEK (National Energy Conservation Agency)
Date:   10/03/08