Making use of EPC databases for quality control and other purposes
Tuesday 5 July 2016, 10.00 – 11.30 Brussels time (CET)
Participation is free, but prior registration is required.
Summary: The EPC database is a precondition for the implementation of an effective control system which is needed to ensure and enforce EPC compliance. Apart from running an effective control system, data from the EPC database can be used for decision making, e.g. in shaping policies and financing instruments. Also in this regard, data quality is of utmost important. In this webinar, Aleksandra Arcipowska (BPIE) will present an overview of the situation in Member States, while Hubert Despretz (Ademe, France) and Pär Johansson (Chalmers, Sweden) will give a presentation on the EPC database and control system in their countries. The last presentation by Michael Hanratty (IHER Energy Services Ltd, Ireland) will highlight an interesting approach on how make use of EPC data (with reference to EU-funded projects EPISCOPE and ENERFUND). The webinar will provide the opportunity to discuss with the presenters and learn from examples.
Agenda (Brussels time)
- 11.00–11.05 Susanne Geissler / OEGNB, Austria | Introduction
- 11.05–11.20 Aleksandra Arcipowska / BPIE, Belgium | Overview on the implementation of EPC databases in EU Member States: status quo and future needs with regard to effective compliance and control
- 11.20–11.35 Pär Johansson / Chalmers, Sweden | EPC database and control system in Sweden
- 11.35–11.40 Questions and Answers session 1
- 11.40–11.55 Hubert Despretz / Ademe, France | EPC database and control system in France
- 11.55–12.10 Michael Hanratty / IHER Energy Services Ltd, Ireland | EPC database in Ireland and making use of it (examples from EPISCOPE and ENERFUND)
- 12.10–12.20 Questions and Answers session 2
- 12.20–12.30 Discussion (all speakers) | How to make the best use of EPC databases