This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 847062.
The EU energy label for products has been a key driver supporting innovation and market development for energy efficient products for more than 20 years. The label stimulated innovation by manufacturers and demand for energy efficient products by consumers and professional buyers. However the current label concept involving A+++ to D efficiency classes has become cumbersome and less effective and the EU therefore has decided to reinvent the original A-G class concept combined with future rescaling of classes based on technology and market development. The transition process until the new label is fully established and effectively used requires effective guidance and support of stakeholders ensuring correct implementation by suppliers and retailers as well as full understanding, high acceptance and efficient use of the new label by consumers and professional buyers. The LABEL 2020 project is designed as a comprehensive action supporting this transition process in a most effective way by supporting:
- consumers and professional buyers by means of effective information campaigns, services and tools. Services shall motivate and support buyers in the consideration and use of the new labels for their purchasing decision. Transparency of the label rescaling process shall be effectively supported.
- retailers in the correct, efficient and effective implementation of the new label at the point of sale and in online shops including training for sales persons and supportive tools for the label promotion.
- suppliers in the provision of correct labels and product information, to convince them to consider the label as an important tool for promotion of efficient products and to motivate them towards further innovation for energy efficient appliances.
- policy makers, public administrators and multipliers in the use and promotion of the new label within national programs and schemes (e.g. green procurement, incentives).
- development and exchange of best practice from campaigns.
- OSTERREICHISCHE ENERGIEAGENTUR AUSTRIAN ENERGY AGENCY
- ADENE - AGENCIA PARA A ENERGIA
- THE ENERGY SAVING TRUST LIMITED
- AGENCE DE L'ENVIRONNEMENT ET DE LA MAITRISE DE L'ENERGIE
- SEVEN, THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY CENTER Z.U.
- CO2ONLINE GENUETZIGE BERATUNGSGESELLSCHAFT MBH
- HANDELSVERBAND DEUTSCHLAND - HDE -EV
- ADELPHI RESEARCH GEMEINNUTZIGE GMBH
- SOCIETA COOPERATIVA SOCIALE ELIANTE ONLUS
- LEGAMBIENTE ASSOCIAZIONE ONLUS
- FUNDACION ECOLOGIA Y DESARROLLO
- KRAJOWA AGENCJA POSZANOWANIA ENERGII SPOLKA AKCYJNA
- CENTRE FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY SOURCES AND SAVING FONDATION
- AUTORITATEA NATIONALA DE REGLEMENTARE IN DOMENIUL ENERGIEI
- ENERGETSKI INSTITUT HRVOJE POZAR
- STATENS ENERGIMYNDIGHET
- BLACK SEA ENERGY RESEARCH
- VORES BUREAU APS
Start date: 1/06/2019 - End date: 30/11/2022