This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No. 894756
Evidence-based market and policy instruments Implementation across EU to increase the demand for eNergy Skills across conSTRUCTion sector value chain
The European Construction sector faces unprecedented challenges to achieve ambitious energy efficiency objectives, that can be met only if successful training initiatives and supporting policy instruments are put in place, acting as a springboard to stimulate the demand for energy efficiency skills. The INSTRUCT project aims to act at a market level by providing an operational framework and set of services serving a new generation of skilled and certified workers and fitters and paving the way to legislative changes that overall will stimulate the demand for energy skills across lifecycle and supply chains.
Key outputs include:
- (a) quantitative and qualitative evidences that corroborate and reinforce the correlation between (i) skills and education and (ii) energy performance and quality;
- (b) a set of tools and instruments facilitating the mutual recognition of energy skills and qualifications in the construction sector;
- (c) real-world demonstrations (in 5 geographical European areas) of the usefulness and ease of use of the deployed instruments for recognition of energy skills and qualifications;
- (d) dissemination and awareness raising actions in consortium members countries, scaled up to the wider Europe;
- (e) new legislative frameworks enabling reliance on skilled workers in public / private procurement.
The Consortium draws on (a) the engagement of internationally leading industry best practice and vocational training, (b) the educational excellence of leading institutions in Europe, (c) the robust experience of accrediting bodies in the construction domain. It provides a Europe-wide coverage with 7 participating countries, scaled up to 5 clusters, representing a multi-expertise ensemble of stakeholders and energy value chains deploying the INSTRUCT methodology and supporting tools in country-based pilots. It is supported by a network of stakeholders, involving the Build Up Skills chapters across Europe, and a Europe wide community of interest of 200+ members.
- ASM - Market Research and Analysis Centre
- R2M SOLUTION
- LUXEMBOURG INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- SUOMEN RAKENNUSINSINOORIEN LIITTO RIL RY
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy
- CARDIFF UNIVERSITY
- DISTRETTO TECNOLOGICO TRENTINO SCARL
- FONDATSIYA TSENTAR ZA ENERGIYNA EFEKTIVNOST - ENEFEKT
Start date: 1/06/2020 - End date: 30/11/2022