Residencial Mentha is made up of 3 buildings with independent envelopes, making a total of 93 VPPL dwellings. The homes are distributed in 3 bedrooms with an average surface area of 84 m2 per home and different orientations. It is located in the eastern area of Madrid, El Cañaveral, of recent construction. The homes have terraces, garage, storage room and communal area with swimming pool.
- Architecture: René Valiñas Jar
- Building services: Grupo Lobe
- Building physics: Área de Sostenibilidad y Eficiencia Energética - Grupo Lobe
- Certifier: VAND arquitectura
Exterior wall: The entire facade envelope incorporates large insulation thicknesses with very low transmittances for the climate in which the building is located: in facades with terraces, it has been resolved using industrialized systems with U values of 0.20 W/(m2K), and in continuous facades using prefabricated GRC solutions reaching a U of 0.23 W/(m2K). White and dark gray colors predominate in the facades.
Basement floor: The ground floor slab uses a conventional concrete solution, with 12 cm of EPS on a one-way floor slab of joists and 35 cm thick vaults, obtaining a U-value of 0.20 W/(m2K). 35 cm depth, obtaining a U-value of 0.20 W/(m2K).
Roof: The roof has a conventional 35 cm thick slab, with 16 cm of XPS insulation on the outside, obtaining a U-value of 0.23 W/(m2K).
Frame: Kömmerling 76, 1,13. Windows and balcony doors located in living rooms and bedrooms incorporate PVC shutters insulated with EPS, calculated and studied for thermal bridge treatment during installation. Uf: 1.10 (W/m2K).
Glazing: Triple low emissivity glass and double argon gas chamber inside. Ug: 0.60 (W/m2K) g-value: 0.54.
- Climate: warm, temperature.
- Air tightness: n50 = 0.6/h. Tests per dwelling.
- Annual heating demand: 14 kWh /(m2a ) calculated according to PHPP.
- PE demand (non-renewable Primary Energy): 75 kWh /(m2a ) on heating installation, domestic hot water, household electricity and auxiliary electricity calculated according to PHPP.
- PER demand (renewable Primary Energy): 74 kWh /(m2a ) on heating installation, domestic hot water, household electricity and auxiliary electricity calculated according to PHPP.
Read more about the case here.