MOBISTYLE, a HORIZON 2020 project, aims to motivate behavioral change by raising consumer awareness and by providing attractive personalised combined pro-active knowledge services on energy use, indoor environment, health and lifestyle, by ICT-based solutions. Measurable benefits raises behavioral change by the awareness of feedback loops. This awareness will support and motivate end-users to well informed pro-active behavior towards energy use and health, thus empowering consumers and providing confidence of making the right choices. The combination of awareness on energy, health and lifestyle will offer consumers more and lasting incentives than only information on energy use.
MOBISTYLE has the following specific measurable qualitative objectives:
- To present understandable information and indicators, related to energy use and energy efficiency, in an easy to handle and attractive way for consumers.
- To provide understandable personalised information for consumers by combining energy monitoring with monitoring of indoor environmental quality, behavior parameters and daily habits
- To motivate a prolonged change of consumers’ habits and daily practices on energy use by combined modular personalised information on individual energy use, health and lifestyle
- To foster new business models and applications for future developer engagements
- To demonstrate a sustainable behavioral change towards significant reduction of energy use in different real environments by deploying and validating the developed solutions and services.
The tools and methods will be tailor-made developed for five selected study and demonstration cases (real life environments), in five different climatic regions, covering different building types, different types of energy end-users and different scales (buildings, district). In order to validate the solutions and to demonstrate the potential of these modular information services, i.e., the capability to achieve a behavioral change of the involved energy end-users, the developed services and ICT-based solutions and tools will be deployed and monitored in these projects. The monitoring covers a complex of residential buildings, campus of university buildings, a hotel, a health care centre and a district with a smart DH grid, offering a real life environment.
Tools to be developed: MOBISTYLE Modular Information Services
Project duration: From 01-10-2016 to 31-03-2020.